2009年4月12日星期日

What You Think is What You See

1. If the maps around you showed the existence of the Northwest Passage, would you believe it? Why?
I won't believe it, because a time is in changes. the discovery before long years ago. The Northwest Passage was one of those big ideas mingling geopolitical and economic hope with futuristic fantasy for centuries, and generating much practical European maritime exploration at the cost of many lives.



2. If you were John Cabot and someone told you the Northwest Passage didn't exist. What would you say? What would you feel? How would you react?
If I am John Cabot and someone told me the Northwest Passage didn't exist. I think I will be angry, because I still believe the Northwest Passage is an essence. I doesn't allow someone denial to me. I think I am is balky person. I will tell person I believe I decide, so you don’t have a right say something.

3. Find a map by Humphrey Gilbert from 1582. What do you see in the picture? Explain.
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/explorers/page/g/gilbert.shtml
This is Humphrey Gilbert draw map in 1583. He goes Azores from England. He passes Newfoundland and Nova Scotia. Next picture is the Humphrey Gilbert. Last picture is Humphrey Gilbert draw map in 1582.
http://www.ianchadwick.com/hudson/hudson_overview.htm

http://www.civilization.ca/cmc/exhibitions/hist/frobisher/frsub15e.shtml

4. Why did the Northwest Passage suit the goals (agenda) of the Eurpean explorers and monarchs?
Because the European explorers and monarchs like navigation. This is very defiant, so the Northwest Passage suit the goals (agenda) of the European explorers and monarchs. I think it is important to European explorers and monarchs.

5. Feedback loops help us to see reality as a system. Can you think of an example of a feedback loop from your own life? Look at page 225 of your textbook to help you.
Rhinoceros and Rhinoceros bird. Rhinoceros have a insects ,rhinoceros bird can help eradication of insects. If the birds leave the rhino, then Rhinoceros will die.Insects will eat rhinoceros.


6. What did you learn so far about explorers and the colonization of Canada?
I learned in 1582, was drawn by English sea-farer sir Humphrey Gilbert. It represented his own opinion about the shape of North America. I think this is difficult to navigation. Explorers and the colonization are inseparable. The explorers order to colonization.

2 条评论:

  1. 9/12

    You need to explain #5 and #4 clearly. Follow the instructions of the question. #6 doesn't seem to be your best work.

    You first three questions were well done!

    回复删除
  2. I don't see your second exploration essay.

    0/40

    回复删除